My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Commute


From an email John sent this morning after taking Sophie to school:

Soph was good the whole trip, which was very crowded. She did eenie-meenie-miny-mo a dozen times between me and a strange biker guy to see who could live with her, ending up on me every time except the last, after which she said, "But he can't live with me because I don't even know him. You won the most so only you can."

Other recent Sophie-isms include:
- "I'm just not happy with you right now"
- "We're not going to talk about it anymore"
- "Pooping gets the germs out"
- "Stop kissing me, I don't like it"
- "Even if it's expensive and it's the one I want, that's okay you can buy it for me"
- "Why do you only like sandwiches all the time?"
- "I'm still prettier than you, right?"

It's true when they tell you there's a lot that you learn from your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home