My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cucumber delta of the shikon jewel descending

During the commute home the other day, Sophie and I had the following conversation:

S: Ooh, I know what would be fun. We could watch Inuyasha when we get home.

M: Yes, that would be fun. We could do that.

S: You know which movie I wanna watch? I wanna see the one where the little cat gets picked up by the red haired guy.

At this point I try to figure out what on earth she's talking about, because there isn't any red haired guy that I can remember. Sophie, ever astute, senses my idiocy and continues:

S: I mean the one with that girl with the bow on her shirt.

M: Kogome? (for those of you just indulging me and have no clue what I'm talking about, she's in every episode)

S: Yeah. (now she looks confused) Mommy, how come she's the only one who can see the secret [sacred] jewel shards?

M: Because she's a priestess, honey, and has special powers.

S: But why no one else has special powers?

M: Everyone has special powers on the show. They're just different powers.

I won't totally bore you with the itemized run-down of everyone's special powers, but suffice it to say that this went on for about 10 more minutes before I realized with a sinking feeling that John isn't the only dork in our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home