My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's oh so quiet

It's 6:30 in the morning. John has left to catch a shuttle to Boston for the day and Sophie spent the night at her dad's house, so the apartment is totally still and totally mine. How strange and delicious. In half an hour I'll need to shower and get ready for work (it's the boss' last day before vacation and he's in, shall we say, prime form), but for right now I'm just sitting in the kitchen listening to the hum of the refrigerator and the occasional whir of the computer fan. This must sound so mundane, and it is, and that's fine because I haven't had a morning like this since before John moved in. Most mornings are a frantic sprint to pack lunch and navigate 3 bodies around a smallish apartment, while getting Sophie ready for school and getting ourselves ready for work. So I'm relishing this very very boring moment before I leave to feed myself to the lion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home