My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Monday, March 27, 2006

The group poop

Yesterday we spent most of the day at Sophie's best friends' house. The exciting thing about the play date phenomenon (assuming you get on well with the parents of your child's friend) is that you basically get to drink beer and eat all day while your child ignores you.

Yeah, that's right. We ate all day.

That is, until I heard a harmonious "Irina" called out to me in two little girl voices coming from the bathroom. I went to investigate, because even after all that food, I'm still the Mommy right?

Upon opening the door, I found Sophie and Gwyn completely naked and Sophie imploring me to help with clean up. As soon as she was done, but before I could dare flush, Gwyn sat down to take her turn. Needless to say, I let the other mommy in attendance deal with the situation.

During the conversation that ensued it was basically surmised that whereas boys can compete by writing in the snow, girls have the group poop reflective of their own brand of solidarity.

Somehow, I find myself grateful never to have participated in a group poop, nor have I heard of one before, which just proves that each generation really is that much more depraved (and liberal minded...woo hoo!) than the one before it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Is this what I have to look forward to? OMG!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Pooja said...

when i was sophie's age, my best friend and i actually shared the toilet seat.

depraved? oh yeah.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

As Sophie likes to remind me ALL the time: sharing is caring.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home