My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Momentous

In forty-five minutes I'm leaving the office for the day to attend my first mediation session with my ex-husband. Finally, after three years of wanting (but not being able to afford) to get a divorce, we're doing it. I think we're both a bit giddy about it actually, because Josh got a little sentimental on the phone earlier. Which, of course, got me thinking...

I haven't talked about him in real detail, but the fact is that my ex is a really great person and someone I still care a lot for. He's a great dad and if I had to do it *wrong* in the first place, at least I did such a stellar job of it. I feel really lucky because all three of us work hard to be the best parents we can be to the daughter that we share and I think that in our own unique way we're really becoming a family. I don't think it's totally off the mark to say that in the process we're also becoming friends.

It's taken time, and it hasn't always been easy, but it's really working out.

I'm actually looking forward to the way this part of my life develops. I can't wait to meet the woman that Josh decides to spend his life with. I can only imagine that she will be pretty awesome to sign on for a situation like ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home