My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Monday, March 27, 2006

My mommy is such a prude

Sophie and I had the following conversation on the subway platform last week:

S: (in a loud, clear voice) Mommy, did I come out of your belly or your pee-pee?

M: (after I managed to get my tongue back up out of my throat where it had wound up because I'd apparently swallowed it) Well, um, out of my pee-pee, honey.

S: Oh good, I'm happy that you didn't have to have soogery. It would hurt if you had soogery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom sounds a lot like mine. Do you have any other posts related to her? What's the background here?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Irina said...

Anonymous, I'm confused...maybe because you posted your comment on this entry instead of the one below (which I think is what you maybe meant?). By background do you mean where do we come from originally? We're Eastern European Jews (I was actually born in Russia and came to the US when I was 2). I've avoided posting much about my mom because she reads the blog and I just don't see the point in causing her undue harm. Feel free to email me directly though. As you can see, I'm pretty candid.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home