My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Monday, March 06, 2006

Oooh, they're so spawkly

After brunch cleared out on Saturday, John gave me a thumbs up to start looking at engagement rings so that he might eventually pick from a (not so) random sampling. During the conversation, I pulled out my former engagement ring and wedding band in order to demonstrate that although I don't like round stones very much, square stones (which my ring was/is) don't sit so well on a band. I put the rings down on the coffee table and eventually walked away.

This morning it occurrred to me that we'd cleaned the house yesterday and I didn't recall clearing the rings, but they were no longer on the table. Strange. Sophie's dad picked her up Saturday night, but I couldn't imagine that he'd moved them. That would leave John? I called him on his way to the airport, but no, he hadn't seen them. That would leave...ah.

On our way to school this morning, I asked Sophie: when you were watching Polar (or as she calls it: Kolar) Express this weekend after our party, did you happen to see mommy's rings on the table?

Her answer: Yes, but don't worry I put them somewhere safe.

M: (attempting to stifle panic) Where was that?

S: I don't really remember. I think it was in my sleeping beauty purse.

I'd already had that thought and looked there. The rings were not in the purse.

M: Well honey, you have to think hard because it's really important that you find mommy's rings.

S: But why do you need them? You don't use them anymore. Besides, I really don't think I'ma be able to remember where they are.

Fortunately, I was able to locate the rings thanks to her *purse* tip. All I had to do was search through all 90 of the small purse/wallets Sophie owns and voila...there they were, somewhere safe.

It's true that having children is the most rewarding thing you can do with your life, particularly when the reward is finding your own stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home