My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Friday, March 03, 2006

Quit naggin' me

Okay, something that I can't seem to get off my mind so I'll just dump it here with you people:

Yesterday I was in our beloved little Indian grocery store buying up a ton of ingredients for a brunch we're having tomorrow morning. As I'm loading my basket full of Chana Kala and Urad Dahl (don't I sound like I know what I'm talking about?) and searching for the Jaggery, it dawns on me that Bush's voice is suddenly emanating from the Indian news channel on the T.V. overhead. He's saying something like: I am very happy to be here. This is my first trip to India. I especially look forward to eating your Indian mangos. That last bit is a definite quote. The president of the United States actually said "I look forward to eating your Indian mangos".

Now, I'm sure y'all have sussed out that I'm not what you might call super political, but this has been eating away at my brain all day.

Clearly who ever wrote that eloquent little gem also had approval on the Ultraviolet poster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home