My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quite frankly it's inhuman

I think I forgot to mention yesterday that my replacement has been hired. I received an email from my office manager in the afternoon thanking me in advance for training "the new girl" and informing me that she would be in at 9:30 the following morning.

Um, has anyone else caught on that I have three (now two) days left at the company and clearly have no intention of coming to work on time? Somehow this seems to have been overlooked by my employers.

And when I said: I'd be happy to help make the transition as easy as possible, of course...well, that's just something people say because they're supposed to say that sort of thing? Right? No one actually follows up on that, do they? Well, at my office, they do.

The result of this arcane practice is that I have NO access to internet all day. It's downright wrong. How am I supposed to deal with the shakes? The mild twitch in my eye that comes from low LCD exposure? How do I deal with the verbal withdrawal? And the bloggers...they're still posting whether I'm available to keep up or not. How am I supposed to cope with all of this?

As for this new girl...she excused herself twice to run downstairs and make a call on her cell-phone, she never turned her ringer off and she repeatedly checked the phone even when it hadn't rung. All day long click, click, click as she snapped the thing shut. Who fucking does that on their first day? Utterly amazing. There were other little details, but I'm too tired even thinking about them to bother getting into them now.

Someone reassure me that this is not a sign of things to come. Unless it's a sign of what my boss can expect; in which case, justice is served.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home