My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Monday, April 03, 2006

The fillies love the chocolate

This line is from an episode of the Powerpuff Girls and has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm writing about today.

I started my new job. I think I'm going to like it there. The people are really nice and the vibe is good. Also, I am quite clearly a total piece of ass, since there are only men in the office (except for the one female VP), which will be...um...interesting.


I actually walked into an office today and found that one of the partners actually had a magazine laying open to an ad featuring Halle Berry's new Versace campaign. I'm having trouble locating a photo to post with this entry, but, needless to say, the dress she was wearing was cut down to her navel (literally) and she had one leg naked to the crotch sticking out of it. This wasn't some haphazard page flipping either...the man had managed to pull off a professional variation on the Snap On girl poster right there on his desk.

I sort of thought this only happened in romantic comedies.

Thus far I've learned: finance, finance, jargon, jargon. It's pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home