My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Humorous Feminist

Sophie drew this at school today. Apparently, it's a reinterpretation of the Disney film The Little Mermaid. In this version, the prince decides that he wants to be a mermaid in order to be with the woman he loves and even goes so far as to get some "boobies" in the process. I think this really validates my parenting skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger wild cherry sara said...

that's what tom hanks did in splash, too.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

He looked damn sexy in those sea shells.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Pooja said...

Yeah, Sophie's already postpostmodern.

Hey, Irina, when are you going to post a new entry? I am in the last three-week push (papers, exams, blah) and could really use 1) funny Sophie stories 2) funny John stories, 3) funny John-Sophie stories, 4) pictures and descriptions of the latest fancy thing you've cooked 5) pictures of you 6)word on your new job 7)ny in the springtime

etc etc

much appreciated. xpb

10:43 AM  
Blogger Irina said...

Pooj,

I will be boring you later today with such things as: a) an excerpt from David Copperfield that I loved; b) exciting tales of copy machine misadventure; and c) examples of just how far Sophie outclasses me (in every way).

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home