My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I was thinking of getting another one

This is a fairly bad photo of the tattoo on my wrist. I got this done immediately after a really terrible relationship during which my first bout of anorexia began. The four stars stand for letters. They spell both the name of that boyfriend and the acronym H.A.L.T. - hungry, angry, lonely, tired - conditions it's best assess before getting into arguments or heated debates with your partner. The butterfly represented transformation...the something more beautiful that I was determined to become. It was intended as a visual mantra (I won't do that again) and it worked.

This was a few months before I started dated John.

I'm thinking about getting the exact same tattoo on the other wrist in shades of blue, green and purple. The stars would stand for JOHN. The butterfly would represent a new beginning...the something beautiful that I feel I am.

The amazing thing my life is and will be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I think it's a great idea! I like what they both represent. A good reminder of the fact that you ARE beautiful...in every way!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home