My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sentimental to a fault

Yesterday John proved once again that he is purely outstanding. The guy managed to do all of our laundry, clean up the house (including the toilet, ladies) and cook an amazing Southern dinner which included:

Pork shoulder with Carolina mustard sauce
Black eyed peas
Fried okra
Homemade Slaw
Cheap red wine

Uncle TJ came over for dinner and we all ate ourselves nearly sick, leaving no leftovers to enjoy today. One day, when uncle TJ becomes Father TJ, by virtue of the internet, I hope he will remember this meal and be gentle in his conduction of our wedding services.

Further evidence of John's eventual sainthood arrived in the form of an email from my friend Emily regarding a party we went to last weekend:

It was small gesture, but it was the kind of beautiful thing John does. Even when blotto, the man has great humanity. He wasn't blotto yet, okay. But when he found out I wasn't drinking and brought me over the only other person in the room who wasn't drinking, the lovely Saadi, I felt wonderfully befriended. Just a small but endlessly classy move. Just wanted to say. It's always nice to hear nice things about the people you love, isn't it?

It is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home