My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stubborn

Sometimes (okay, often) I have trouble asking for the things I need or want.

Specifically, I'm off today because of Passover and John is going to work from home. My expectation was that we would do what we always do when we have the house to ourselves...watch 50 episodes of something in our pj's while eating bacon.


Right now, I am typing in the kitchen and John is in the bedroom reading. And I'm not happy because I know that after he's done reading he'll need to wash some of the dishes from last night's sedar (I've already washed half) and then he'll need to work and then the day will be gone and I won't have finished season 2 of Arrested Development.

Is it stupid that I'm sitting here stewing instead of just telling him what I want? YES. Am I usually much much better about this sort of thing and communicate my needs directly? For the most part, particularly with John.

But right now it's 8:30 in the morning and I'm cranky because last night we'd both said how much fun it will be to have a day together and then someone went and started his own day without me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home