My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Thursday, May 04, 2006

So much to tell...and sorry for all of the sap

This is what I found when I came home last night: John had gotten back from D.C. and gone out to Brooklyn Chinatown on his snappy new bike to get ingredients for dinner. Dinner was already made and delicious. John bought me a lock for my bike. He was thrilled that I found a great pair of Jeans, regardless of the cost. He'd burned the first six episodes of the last season of Arrested Development, which I didn't even know we finally had. He asked me to close my eyes, then showed me a screen on his computer which displayed the following:

Boo. Whatever you do, do not click here.

Yes, that is my very own domain, which John registered and set up for me. I have to play with the layout and make it look like something I would want people to see before I actually start posting there, so please keep coming here for now. Eventually, when I'm ready to "launch," I'll probably be able to work out a set-up which will just automatically redirect readers from this blog to the new site. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to have this enormous, overwhelming thing that is my very own. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but learning is going to be a lot of fun. There's also a chance that I can get my employer to pay for coding classes, but I'm not positive.

Additionally, having already said all kinds of wonderful things about John the night before, it was acceptable for me to jump up and down with glee instead of saying anything resembling a proper thank you.
Moving on, I saw my shrink this morning. We're going to try adding Lithium to my Depakote. It's a small dose and I'm trying it out for three weeks to see what happens, but I'm still a little freaked. It's a totally irrational concern, but it's Lithium for christ's sake and that's a scary word to me. On the other hand, I'm resigned. Things aren't working and as disciplined as I might be about the sleep...it won't be enough apparently. According to my doctor, there is no way that I can stay out even one night a week. Every day I should be in bed by 10 and up by 5:30. What kind of life is that? Never mind the business I'd eventually like to have and the baby John and I will make. So for now, it's worth a try, particularly since I have John to look out for me if anything starts to go awry.

My jeans are ready to be taken home and I can't wait to have John photograph my butt, so that you can all see how fabulous these jeans are...and how big my butt actually is.

Something else that I'm really excited and happy about is my relationship with my cousin. I haven't mentioned it before only because it's never occurred to me to do so, but Heather has been a really great part of my life. During the last few months in particular, we've gotten close in a way we've never been and we truly are sisters more than anything else. I guess it just goes to show that sometimes family works better when you get to pick it (or when your cousin picks it for you, at any rate). I suppose it's also evidence that when one door closes, another one really does open, because it was during the crisis with my mother that Heather and I started to understand and communicate with each other on a whole other level. Her mother is crazy too...okay, her mother is actually crazier. I know that Heather reads my blog daily and I know that she knows this already, but the fact is that there isn't a day when I take her friendship for granted and I love her dearly. Now all of you know it too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I don't even know what to say! Wow. I really am at a loss for words, and that doesn't happen too often. I'm just going to keep it simple and say I love you too!

I really cannot wait to see those jeans!

And I hope the new meds work for you. And tell John he better keep a real close eye on you! But, I hope you will find the peace you are looking for and very much need! You're always in my thoughts!

xoxo

9:46 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

Sorry I've been incommunicado. Congrats on your new webspace! It looks like it's coming together nicely. Congratulations also on the jeans. Some people (of which Michael is one) need to be encouraged to treat themselves once in a while. You deserve jeans that will make you feel great when you put them on!

I think that even though the word "lithium" can sound scary, if it will enable you to live the life of someone your age as opposed to say, a 90 yr old spinster, it's worth a shot.

Congratulations also on having a good relationship with your cousin. I think things like that are a lot rarer than they used to be.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home