My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

I have a tendency to unconsciously appropriate other peoples' affectations, leading me to say things like y'all.

Email me

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This is why I really shouldn't be allowed to leave the house with anything resembling a credit card

Okay, so it wasn't credit exactly; it was a checking card. So I paid for my purchase outright. But still.

I finally found and bought the best jeans ever today. They're some fancy issue of True Religion and I bought them at Henri Bendel. I've been feeling pretty sick most of the afternoon about having bought these jeans, because they were so expensive, but now that I think about it, I would have paid as much for the experience of barking "I don't work here lady" at the crabby old rich woman who mistook me for a sales girl while I was waiting for the real sales girl to bring me another size. She apologized, looked at me like I should hop to it anyway, then walked off in a huff claiming that it was because I looked so efficient.

What does that even mean, I looked efficient?

So, finally, my quest is over. However, out of a need to replace balance in the universe, a very fine, unremovable hair or fiber has placed itself in my left eye and is obstructing my vision.

I did manage to read the large neon yellow sign held up by a man standing outside of the store that read: LOOKING FOR WEALTHY WOMAN TO BE MY WIFE.

Everyone has a dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

As someone who is severely inefficient, and looks it, I say you choose to take what that rude woman said as a compliment.

Also, I paid for an iBook with my debit card and it felt great! So great that I reinstituted my previously ill-followed policy of keeping my credit card at home, in a drawer, until something on my car breaks.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home